Sunday, February 13, 2011

P365 - Day 44 home again - sunday selections

Nothing as interesting as yesterday’s trip to the rockfields.

Picture of the day is the place we stayed, the Dover Hotel Motel. 


According to Pubs of Tasmania, it was built in 1925 and has a number of modern additions. I rather thinkg the brick bit might be one of those. The white section on the right is a large dining room, where we had a very nice lunch yesterday. 

We stayed in the motel rooms out the back, which were self-contained and very quiet.

Oh and, if you remember my post last week that mentioned my love of fence posts, you can imagine how excited I was when I looked out the window of our room and saw this fence.

So for today’s Sunday Selections over at frogpondsrock's blog, I present some moss on a fence.





And if you want to go and have a look at what I saw yesterday, a caterpillar.




6 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I thought I was the only one that took photos of moss... and bark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some moss indeed! Mosslovers would... uhm... love that fence too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. there are some really interesting lichens on the wattles out at Chauncy Vale as well. I like to photograph them but haven't been down there with a camera for a while now. Last time we stayed at Dover we were in a tent in the caravan park and it poured and poured and poured. They let us come in and dry out in front of their fire at the pub. which was most welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the lichens on the fence posts - gorgeous textures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lichens are beautiful. I can't help photographing them whenever I see them :)
    @frogpondsrock - it seems like a nice quiet pub. We really have to get out and a camp a bit! Juniordwarf loves sleeping in the tent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one spectacular fence! I LOVE the moss and lichen on it. I'd have been out there taking pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)