Monday, March 21, 2011

P365 - Day 80 supermoon

So, Saturday night was full moon, and it was the so-called supermoon. Apparently the full moon was the closest it has been to earth since 1993, so it was supposed to appear bigger than normal.

Well, we had an overcast night didn't we, so moon viewing was far from optimal.

Here are a couple of photos that I did manage to get on Saturday night.

Looking for the moon

There it is!

I really didn't notice any difference between this full moon and any other one, so it wasn't a real disappointment to have missed it. In fact, last Friday night I thought the moon looked much more interesting, as I saw it hovering over the river, very low in the sky, bright yellow, on my way home from scrapbooking. I really wished I'd had my camera with me that night.

So what has this got to do with today? Well this morning I was looking out the window and saw the moon, just past full, on its way to setting.

You don't get very good moon photos on a phone camera, but here's what it looked like this morning


And here's a couple of Instagram versions:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)