Monday, March 28, 2011

P365 - Day 87 lunch

The night I went to see Paul Kelly, I treated myself to dinner. I had no idea where I wanted to go, so decided to go into the first place that took my fancy. That happened to be the Sapa Rose, in Harrington Street.

It's a Vietnamese Restaurant that had only recently opened, and I was really impressed by the food. (Yes, I did go by myself, and yes I rather enjoy solo dining.)

I told Slabs about it, and said we'd have to go there one day. Today that opportunity came up - we were both free at lunch time and there was nothing in the house that we felt like having for a packed lunch. (I'm really not into vegemite and cheese sandwiches, even if it's Juniordwarf's favourite.)

They have a great lunch specials menu - $11.50 for a sizzling dish with your choice of meat and one of five or six sauces, vegetables and rice.


Yum! (That's the extent of my restaurant reviewing skills - Google if you want to see some proper ones.)

If you're in Hobart and you like Vietnamese food, go and check it out.

By the way, I meant to take a photo of our lunch for the picture of the day, but I was so hungry by lunch time that I completely forgot, so this was a bit of a compromise.


1 comment:

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)