Friday, April 22, 2011

P365 - Day 111 the 21th of april (21/04/2011)


A few weeks ago I bought a wall calendar for Juniordwarf. It has space for the day, date, month, year, season and weather.



Just recently, Juniordwarf has really gotten into putting up each day’s details. He knows the days of the week and he can recognise (or read?) each day’s name. He’s learning the months, and he knows which month his birthday is in (and, more importantly, which month my birthday is in!!) and can pick it out from the rest of the months.

We’ve been talking about the days and he understands how the number seven means that it’s the seventh, and so on. And usually on our way home each night he asks what the next day will be and works out which numbers he’ll need to put up on the calendar.

So yesterday was the twentieth. That was pretty easy for him. 

Today he thought it was the ‘twenty-oneth’.

I was very impressed with his logic.

2 comments:

  1. I love how toddlers say twenty-oneth and twenty-twoth.Once they learn twenty-first and twenty second, you know the baby days are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's like when he says 'mans' instead of 'men'. It's gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)