Monday, July 18, 2011

P365 - Day 199 - a flower for mum

A couple of weeks ago I was having a moan on Twitter that I couldn’t think of anything to take photos of for this project and one of my Twitter friends suggested that I check out the Hipstamatic app. She’d been posting some really lovely photos, which were very inspiring, so I decided to devote this week to learning all about how it works.

Hipstamatic is different to the other apps that I’ve been using, as you select a film and a lens before you take the photo, then the app processes the picture with those settings, instead of you applying filters and effects after you’ve taken the normal photo.

It looks like a cool retro camera, with a little viewfinder. Cute hey!



Once you have the app, you can buy extra lenses, films and camera cases, and occasionally they release some promotional freebies.

For my first attempt at using this app I went for a walk down by the docks at lunchtime to see what I could come up with. I got some lovely photos and some really crappy ones too – mainly because it was quite glary and difficult to see what I was actually shooting on my phone. But the good ones were well worth the time I spent down there, even if I felt slightly ridiculous walking round taking photos. (Why is it that I feel so self conscious taking photos around my local haunts, but if I was a tourist I wouldn’t give it a second thought? It’s not like anyone cares!)

I was going to put some of the photos on here, but then when I got home, Juniordwarf presented me with a flower that he’d made at daycare today, and I knew that had to be the subject of today’s photo.


He chose pink because he knows it’s my favourite colour, and when I asked him where I should put it, he said it was for my study.

Slabs said Juniordwarf was so proud of his flower and it was the first thing he showed him when Slabs went to pick him up from daycare. It deserves pride of place in ‘my’ study.

Juniordwarf also drew me a picture. I asked him what it was a picture of, and he said ‘coloured squiggles’.


Of course it is. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the flower!
    And it's great that the coloured squiggles are actually coloured squiggles and not, oh, an elephant....or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He usually does say the squiggles are something - most often a sheep. I have pages and pages of squiggly sheep. When Slabs asked him what it was at first, he said it was 'a scrunch'.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)