Thursday, October 6, 2011

P365 - Day 279 - the wonky donkey


The Wonky Donkey was top of Juniordwarf’s wish list for his birthday.


Fortunately I knew what he was talking about when he asked for it, because we’d read the book and listened to the CD at one of his Playgroup sessions last year.

If you haven’t heard of this book, it’s by Craig Smith, a musician from New Zealand. 

The story is that he walks down the road and sees a donkey, which only has three legs – hence the ‘wonky’ donkey. On each page a new characteristic of the donkey is revealed, all adding a new adjective to the wonky donkey, until by the end of the book the poor old donkey is a jumble of ‘–nky’ words.

There is a CD that goes with the book, and it was on high rotation played non-stop in the car on Juniordwarf’s birthday.

You know you want to hear it, so here's the link to Craig Smith's website!

Since we’ve been back from holidays, Juniordwarf has only looked at it a couple of times, as he’s developed a slight obsession with the work of Mike Oldfield (but that’s another post for another day). Then today after school he got the CD out and listened to the song, and tonight he wanted me to read it to him at bed time. He then proceeded to sing it to me, which was very cute.

I have to admit that, even though we were getting very sick of the song by the end of Juniordwarf’s birthday, it is pretty funny and very catchy! I’m glad he listened to it today.

1 comment:

  1. Joan Tschepikiewski18 October, 2011 10:37

    I listened to the song; still grinning from ear to ear - but dont know how he remembers the words...lol - I really enjoy reading your blogs - you are too clever :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)