Saturday, October 22, 2011

P365 - Day 294 - camping day 2 (21/10/2011)

After a night of very little sleep, courtesy of a range of factors, including the ever-so-comfortable single air mattress, the party music and late night outbursts from our fellow campers and, quite possibly, some members of our party being rabid snorers*, it was nice to wake up in the fresh air to the sounds of happy birds.

Slabs suggested that at least one of these factors could be eliminated by camping** in the actual bush. (Reference to yesterday's post.)

Coffee was necessary.

Serious camp coffee!

Today was a day of packing up and fishing before heading home. We decided that it really would have been better to have stayed the extra night. It’s a lot of trouble to go all that way and set up the tents only to have to take it all apart again the very next day.

We went back to the same spot we were in yesterday, and had as much luck as we had yesterday.

Nive River near Wayatinah

Power line - hydro country

Wayatinah Lagoon

Wayatinah Lagoon

Juniordwarf had fun. He fished


 He paddled




And he practised blowing bubbles like he does at swimming. 


Interesting.

By the time we’d had enough of fishing, we were too late to get any lunch on the way home.

We’d planned on going to the Two Metre Tall Farm Bar later in the afternoon anyway, so we ended up going there for a very late lunch and a few ales.

Forester!


Jack fell down and broke his crown . . .


Picking up the spent spelt


Off to feed the spent spelt to the beef.
Does anyone else see the Pied Piper resemblence?

A lovely end to a great couple of days.

*Lil Sis has often recommended that I adopt the practice of using ear plugs at night since I find it so hard to get to sleep when it’s noisy. I’ve constantly rejected the idea because I find them so uncomfortable that I can’t get to sleep anyway. She tells me that it’s easier to get used to the discomfort than it is to get used to the noise. I have a feeling I might have to give in . . .

** We've decided that "camping" is what you do when you are in the bush and there are no actual facilities. So what we did was "tenting".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)