Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sultanas Layout - a sketch challenge

I haven't been doing much scrapbooking lately. It seems every time I go into my craft space I spend more time organising my stuff than actually doing anything.

Apparently this means I have too much stuff. Who'd have thought?!

Every second Friday is scrapbooking night at our local scrapbooking shop, and this is where I pull out a half-finished layout from my "work in progress" album, try a few things out, shuffle a few things around on the page, realise the thing I need to add is at home, sigh, and put the page back into the album . . . where it stays for the next six months. Then I pull out the next unfinished project and repeat the process. 

It's a process very much like the one where I shuffle stuff around in my craft space. 

Last fortnight one of my scrapping buddies published a layout on her blog for the A2Z Scraplets May challenge. I had a look at the sketch and realised I had the perfect photos for it, if only I could find them.


When I finally located them (which was very easy to do because my craft space is so well organised . . .), I was amused to find that they were already in the "in progress" album along with the same sketch.  I'd seen it a couple of years ago, and had decided to use those photos for that layout. I hadn't picked out any paper or card, so they were just sitting there, neglected.

During the week I selected some card, papers and other bits and pieces, and last night I finished the layout. It's very rare that I get a project completed the same night I start it, so this is cause for celebration :)


A note on the products: part of the challenge was to use chipboard, so the letters are Basic Grey micro-chip (milk chocolate). Card is Bazzill (lemonade and one of the Swiss dot range) and Coredinations (cappucino). The paper is from a pirate range, left over from Juniordwarf's birthday card. The dies are by mpress via my Cuttlebug and the pen is a Zig Writer (chocolate). Eyelet and ribbon from my stash (aka the stockpile of "too much stuff").

1 comment:

  1. great take on the sketch and yes perfectly cute photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I know you hate having to type in the words as much as I do, but I am being furiously spammed, so I've had to reactivate that feature. If you're a real person I'd love to hear from you :-)